ADSM-L

Re: TDP schedule failure

2004-11-09 23:28:22
Subject: Re: TDP schedule failure
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:28:03 -0500
Joshua,

Check that the schedule service is running under a userid that
has the proper permissions to back up SQL Server. If it is running
under the standard system account, it probably doesn't have proper
access to the SQL server. The Data Protection for SQL User's Guide
discusses the permissions required.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/09/2004
07:08:29 AM:

> Hi All,
>
> I have Microsoft SQL server 2000 (on Windows 2000 platform) installation
> and I have installed the TDP client for MSSQL same. After all required
> configurations are done, I am able to do a manual database backup for
all
> the databases from the SQL  2000 server and I am also able to run the
> command file (.bat file) from the windows server which does a full
backup
> of all the databases using the Microsoft Windows Scheduler. But my TDP
> automated schedule is failing by giving the  following error:
>
> 11/04/04 22:01:40     ANR2561I Schedule prompter contacting SERVER1_SQL
> (session
>                         38729) to start a scheduled operation. (SESSION:
> 928)
> 11/04/04 22:01:42     ANR0480W Session 38729 for node SERVER1_SQL ()
> terminated
>                          - connection with client severed. (SESSION:
928)

> All the configuration on the TSM server and client seem to be correct.
Any