ADSM-L

Re: Export failure

2004-11-08 15:57:29
Subject: Re: Export failure
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:57:22 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of fred johanson
>Sunday AM, after running 15 hours and transferring 2.5 of 4.5
>million files, an EXPORT NODE failed with these messages.
>
>>  ANR8216W Error sending data on socket 435.  Reason 32.
>>   (SESSION: 56255, PROCESS: 657)
>>  ANR0569I Object not processed for THEBEAST: type=Backup,
>>   file space=\\thebeast\d$, object=\DPC\ADS\SOFTWARE\IOMEG-
>>   AWAREâ,¢ 3.1\ IOWARE-W32-X86-31.EXE. (SESSION: 56255,
>>   PROCESS: 657)
>>  ANR0568W Session 56257 for admin FRED (AIX-RS/6000)
>>   terminated - connection with client severed. (SESSION:
>>   56255, PROCESS: 657)
>
>I'm not sure what caused what: the odd directory name or a
>network hiccup.

Judging merely from what you posted, it looks like you've got a bad directory
name on the node whose files you're trying to export. I don't think

\DPC\ADS\SOFTWARE\IOMEGAWAREâ,¢ 3.1\ IOWARE-W32-X86-31.EXE

is a normal directory name. Unfortunately, there's no way to exclude a
directory and its files from an export. Your best bet is to put heads together
with the machine owner and clean up the directory name, run another backup, and
run the export again (this time with the FILEDATA=ALLACTIVE flag).

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627