ADSM-L

Re: Content Manager on Windows - backing up to multiple TSM Servers

2004-11-08 04:32:54
Subject: Re: Content Manager on Windows - backing up to multiple TSM Servers
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:32:36 +0100
Hi Eric

You should be able to define multiple servers within the same dsm.opt
file. Every entry should start with SERVERName "your server".

Like this:

SERVERName Test1
TCPServeraddress 192.168.1.1

SERVERName Test2
TCPServeraddress 192.168.1.2

SERVERName Test3
TCPServeraddress 192.168.1.3

The first server entry will be the default. Creating a file like this on
the server , your CM chap should be able to point to the different entries
in your opt-file.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
2004-11-04 07:58
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Content Manager on Windows - backing up to multiple TSM Servers

Hi,

Can anyone advise on how the TSM API client on a Content Manager on
Windows
server can be configured to permit Content Manager to backup to multiple
TSM Servers?

Content Manager itself permits multiple 'server definitions' which seems
replicate much of the information you would find in a dsm.opt file
(servername, tcpip address, tcpport, nodename, password). But it also only
permits you to identify a single dsm.opt file. I have a TSM background and
since this is a windows system, had expected to define multiple dsm.opt
files, one for each server. However it seems that only a single dsm.opt
file may be defined within Content Manager.

My Content Manager chap can see how he would configure Content Manager for
multiple TSM Servers - but I cannot see how I would configure the dsm.opt
in the api for multiple servers.
I'll stop repeating myself now. Any ideas/pointers?

Thanks,

Eric Winters
Australia