ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading TSM Server from 5.1.6.3 to 5.2.3.0

2004-11-03 09:24:27
Subject: Re: Upgrading TSM Server from 5.1.6.3 to 5.2.3.0
From: Christopher Zahorak <chris AT UWINDSOR DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:22:24 -0500
Hi David,

Thanks for the "heads up" on the install. I completed it yesterday. The
process of upgrading involved getting a base 5.2.2.0, then going to 5.2.3.0
and then finally to 5.2.3.4. The only problem I noticed right away was my
license files were the incorrect format. I had a 5.2 CD and used the files
tivoli.tsm.license.cert & tivoli.tsm.license.rte from it to install the
correct format license files. After registering them, the system was fine.

Thanks again for the help and the virtual coffee is on me.

Chris.

Christopher S. Zahorak, BCS
Sr. AIX and Tivoli Administrator

University of Windsor
IT Services, Rm 203
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, Ontario
N9B 3P4
P: (519)253-3000 ext. 2762
F: (519)973-7083
email: chris AT uwindsor DOT ca

             David E Ehresman
             <deehre01@LOUISVI
             LLE.EDU>                                                   To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Upgrading TSM Server from
                                       5.1.6.3 to 5.2.3.0

             10/25/2004 12:56

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I did an upgrade from 5.1.6.3 to 5.2.3.1 without incident.  Just
remember that in addtion to the 5.2.3.x code, you'll need a 5.2.0.0 base
code.  I think you also need an imtermidate level, maybe 5.2.2.0.  Do a
"preview yes" install to make sure you have all the needed levels.  I'm
running on an AIX 5.1 ML5 64 bit mode box.

David

>>> chris AT UWINDSOR DOT CA 10/25/2004 8:37:38 AM >>>
I will be upgrading my TSM Server from 5.1.63 to 5.2.3. Other than
making
sure I have a full backup of my database, is there anything else I
should
be aware of before upgrading? My server runs AIX 5.2 ML4 in a 32bit
environment.

Thanks,

Chris.

GIF image