ADSM-L

Re: Unable to bring 3583 back online

2004-10-29 20:34:34
Subject: Re: Unable to bring 3583 back online
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:34:25 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Mike Bantz
>When I boot everything up, the drives are unavailable and I'm
>not able to update them - it says that the 3583 is
>unavailable. When I look at the 3583 in TSM, it gives me an
>error that the serial number doesn't match.
>
>I've tried updating this with autodetect, still no go. I've
>tried updating this with the serial gleaned from the 3583
>itself, still no go. The admin console will kick back that the
>library is updated with the newly discovered serial number,
>yet I am still not able to update the drives to online because
>they show the library unavailable.

Details, you need to supply details.

If the TSM server is Windows-based, look at the device manager to see if
the library and the tape drives are visible and online. If it's
AIX-based, see if the tape drives and library are available (as opposed
to defined).

Failing that, you need to contact Tivoli support and open a ticket.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627