ADSM-L

More Information on Windows TSM Server 5.1.x -> 5.2.x Migration: License Manager Issue

2004-10-28 12:57:59
Subject: More Information on Windows TSM Server 5.1.x -> 5.2.x Migration: License Manager Issue
From: Dwight McCann <dwight AT TRIXIE.ISC.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:57:39 -0700
My W2K TSM Server 5.1.9.3 to 5.2.2.5 migration went just as Wanda
suggested.  But when I was done there was no License Manager.  This was
because, following the IBM "Best Practices" Technote, I downloaded the
5.2.2.0 package "via ftp site" and so I used the site I always use:
ftp://service.software.ibm.com.  This document did not mention that the
package at this public site does NOT include the License Manager
application. To get the License Manager component you need to use the
Passport Advantage site,
_http://www.lotus.com/services/passport.nsf/CB5CD828A187B00685256A81005FD2A8/05FBA222D48E23B985256D0C00694917?OpenDocument_

where you will need a userid and password.

I would also suggest that you Disable the TSM Server service prior to
migration and, again as Wanda suggests, bring the TSM Server up in a CMD
window so you can watch the messages.

--
Dwight McCann
Computer and Network Technologist, UCSB Info Systems & Computing