ADSM-L

Re: Bad dsm.sys file? Backing up to wrong management class.

2004-10-25 13:55:29
Subject: Re: Bad dsm.sys file? Backing up to wrong management class.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:53:46 -0400
On Oct 25, 2004, at 1:33 PM, Chris Hund wrote:

I discovered something very strange with one of my nodes today.  The
management class configured for this node in the dsm.sys file (set
with "DIRMC") is not the MC this node is sending its data to.  I
discovered that this node is actually using the default MC and tape
pool.

I can do a "dsmc show options" and see that the correct management
class is configured there, i.e., it's NOT configured to use the
default MC.  But again, for some reason it using the default MC.

We're not clear on your expectations or what TSM operation you are
performing.
Remember that the DIRMc option is for directories only.  Files have
their management
class set via Include - or they get the default MC.  'dsmc q inclexcl'
gives you the
scoop on prospective assignments.

    Richard Sims