ADSM-L

Re: Open file and image backups on Linux

2004-10-25 12:31:58
Subject: Re: Open file and image backups on Linux
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:39:34 +0500
The same is the para that i have been refering to from the latest redbook.

hmm that means, I can take system files backup too, without any problem with
IMAGETYPE=dynamic, but that will cause trouble only in situations where
forexample, syslog is written and something like that which might cause problem,
otherwise the rest will be backed up and i can safely rely on the backup, just
that i will have to run fsck in the end if problem is there.

On the other hand, what would open file backup do, like if I take entire system
backup (incremental) daily, would that suffice my requirement by taking backu
pof files that are open? (obviously not oracle files/databases, but yes some
system files)

Kind Regards,
Sandra