ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license

2004-10-25 12:29:34
Subject: Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license
From: Keith Demings <demingsk AT WESTMANCOM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:29:28 -0500
        Well, finally got a statement in writing, (kind of hard to believe..)
from IBM which states.

"The current TSM licensing requirement states TSM will provide tape library
support of UP TO 3 drives or UP TO 40 slots on TSM.  Quantities of 41 or
greater require an upgrade to TSM Extended Edition. "

        The online announce doc :
        http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/6/897/ENUS202-276/index.html

        So purchasing extra columns doesn't require one to jump into the
enterprise license, even if the total slot count is 40+. Slots in use slots is
relevant.

Keith Demings
Network Consultant
Westman Business
a division of Westman Communications Group
204.725.4300 Ext. 384
demingsk AT westmancom DOT com