ADSM-L

Re: Server Side options files

2004-10-21 16:42:43
Subject: Re: Server Side options files
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:41:46 -0500
It probably depends a lot on the history of your particular site.  As
Wanda mentioned, and I would agree, it's much easier to maintain your
option-sets from one place (the server).  In our case, we just got
installed earlier this year, so it was almost a no-brainer to use server
side cloptsets.  For an existing site with lots of option sets already
on the clients, it depends on how much pain it's causing you.

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM 10/21/2004 1:58:07 PM >>>
I have been looking into implementing the server side options for a
while now however the more I look into it the more I ask myself what
good it does. I was wondering if anyone else used this option in TSM
and
if so are there any real benefits over having client based options
files
in a standard corporate environment?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew

immediately.

Thank you.

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.