ADSM-L

Re: TDP restore question

2004-10-21 10:33:19
Subject: Re: TDP restore question
From: Moses Show <Moses.Show AT STPAUL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:31:01 +0100
Done this and finally got it to work.
One question I would like to ask though is that what would cause the
relocate dialogue box to be empty ?
this may have been the reason for my problems yesterday.
Is it also correct that after restoring the full backup you then need to
restore the diffs one by one until you reach the point in time you want to
restore to. And then when restoring this final diff you make sure that the
recovery option is set, thus making the database available after the
restore has completed.

"Del Hoobler" <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
20/10/2004 19:37
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TDP restore question

Moses,

You need to restore the full backup prior to restoring the
differential backup. Try the operation again by restoring
the full backup and differential backup.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/20/2004
01:39:16 PM:

> Hi
>         Anybody get the following error when attempting to do a
> differential restore of a database using TDP for MSSQL 5.2.1 ?
>
> "Restore failed [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] Could
> not find database ID 65535. Database may not be activated yet or may be
in
> transition"
>
> If so how did you get round this ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated

This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all
copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein,
from your system.

The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 10/21/2004,
10:32:40 AM.