ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license

2004-10-21 09:32:27
Subject: Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:31:23 -0400
I think that is a question that only your sales rep could answer. And if
they told me I could get buy wity only using 3 slots, I'd want that in
writing!

David

>>> demingsk AT WESTMANCOM DOT COM 10/20/2004 12:29:12 PM >>>
        G'day all

        We are looking into expanding the library a couple more slots,
and have run into the ever popular 'enterprise' 40 slot dilemma.
        We currently have a IBM 3583 library with 2 lto1 drives and 2
columns installed (36 slots) Running TSM 5.1.92.
        Question I have is, can we just get another column (18 slots)
and only use 3 and stay under the enterprise line? Or does just having
the extra column put us over whether we use it or not?

TIA

(Long time reader, first time poster)

Keith Demings
Network Consultant
Westman Business
a division of Westman Communications Group
204.725.4300 Ext. 384
demingsk AT westmancom DOT com