ADSM-L

Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license

2004-10-20 12:44:58
Subject: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license
From: Keith Demings <demingsk AT WESTMANCOM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:29:12 -0500
        G'day all

        We are looking into expanding the library a couple more slots, and have
run into the ever popular 'enterprise' 40 slot dilemma.
        We currently have a IBM 3583 library with 2 lto1 drives and 2 columns
installed (36 slots) Running TSM 5.1.92.
        Question I have is, can we just get another column (18 slots) and only
use 3 and stay under the enterprise line? Or does just having the extra column
put us over whether we use it or not?

TIA

(Long time reader, first time poster)

Keith Demings
Network Consultant
Westman Business
a division of Westman Communications Group
204.725.4300 Ext. 384
demingsk AT westmancom DOT com