ADSM-L

How to take backup from IBM NAS Gateway through TSM 5.2 with 3582.

2004-10-19 00:04:36
Subject: How to take backup from IBM NAS Gateway through TSM 5.2 with 3582.
From: sankar knowledge <sankar_knowledge AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:01:16 -0700
Dear Gurus........

I am a AIX System Administrator in a Oraganization... I am working with this
environment...
Backup Server : Windows 2000 Serv
Backup Device: IBM3582 with Single Drive
Backup Software: TSM 5.2
Clients: 17 IBM AIX Servers
NAS Gateway: IBM 300 NAS Gateay
Storage : FASt T

I have done Tivoli Installation and configuration in Clients and Servers. I am
able to take the backup's from clients.. I have connected Backup Device to
Backup Server  with SCSI Interface. Now i would like o take backup from NAS
Gateway . NAS Gateway and Backupserver all in a same network but i haven't
connected to Backup Deviceto NAS gateway..

What i feel is i can't  create a datamovers Tivoli Servers , so i have to
create a NAS client In Tivoli Server , then take the backups from NAS Gateway
... This procedure is correct or any one have done like this type of setup's

                 pls suggest me with procedure .................
                 rgds
                 Shankar