ADSM-L

How to delete unneeded archivelog backups in Oracle 8i and TDP

2004-10-18 13:53:30
Subject: How to delete unneeded archivelog backups in Oracle 8i and TDP
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:53:15 -0400
I have a client that has lots of 8i databases and they are using TDP agent
to backup the databse and archive logs. I have a little script I wrote that
takes the REPORT OBSOLETE output and generates the CHANGE BACKUPPIECE
commands to delete backup objects that I don't want anymore. It doesn't
handle the archive logs that are backed up. The REPORT OBSOLETE only reports
on database backups, not archive log backups. This process is working, but
the old archivelog backuppieces are still out there.

Anyone have ideas on how to automate removing these archive log pieces that
aren't needed anymore? 9i is so much easier!

Bill Boyer
"An Optimist is just a pessimist with no job experience."  - Scott Adams