ADSM-L

DRM in use licenses vs purchased, DRM tapes

2004-10-18 09:53:39
Subject: DRM in use licenses vs purchased, DRM tapes
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:00:45 +0500
Dear List,
I am using DRM and sent few tapes to vault including DB backup. This was my
first set of tapes sent to backup site.
I have not used prepare command yet and not even included machines in DRM setup.

Why would licensing wizard show that I have "0" DRM License in use, while i had
it configured with purchased 1??????

 I have reusedelay of 1, and DBBackupexpire of 1.

Now after 3 days i checked the status of tapes to be in vaultretrieve state, and
voilla there was none. Both the two tapes sent to vault were in the same state
while "Scratch volume = YES" was that i could see.

I initiated another backup of DBand moved it to vault state and DRM marked
previous DB backup tape to vaultretrieve and i checked that in as scratch and
yes it was also used for further backups.

The other backup tape which was the backup of primary storage pool LTOPOOL, is
still in the state of Vault.
Also the 2 tapes used for backup of Oracle were showing the status of "scratch
volume=YES" but are also showing contents when i use query contents.

Can someone please shed some knowledge on above behaviours.?????

I will be running audit volume tomorrow on all the volumes.

Thanking you in advance !!!
Sandra