ADSM-L

web client gui setup for ndmp backups

2004-10-11 15:11:30
Subject: web client gui setup for ndmp backups
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:03:29 -0400
Hello All!

I am testing NDMP backups/restores with our TSM 5.2.2.5 server which
resides on AIX 5.2 os.  We have a Windows 2000 client installed on a server
and I have installed the web client gui on it as well.  What needs to be
done in order to make it view the datamovers backup/restore information?  I
tried to put the statement nasnodename hmdm2 within the dsm.opt file, but
it still doesn't seem to be working.  We are testing with an EMC Celerra
704G.  I have already backed up and restored filesystems through the TSM
server, but I would also like to be able to restore individual files
through the client gui.  On the TSM server I have the hmdm2 datamover
defined, but do I also need a TSM client node name of hmdm2 defined as
well?  If anyone has successfully used a web client gui to look at NDMP
backups/restores I would appreciate any help!  Thanks in advance!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603