ADSM-L

Re: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

2004-10-08 23:05:42
Subject: Re: DSMSERV UNLOADDB
From: Ian Hobbs <little_brutus AT ROGERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:07:51 -0400
I always got into the habit of running these types of commands with nohup and
redirecting the output.

I would usally then run a tail -f to watch it.

Doing this saved me a couple of times <G>.

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:34:54 +1000, Yuhico, Alexandra wrote:

>that's another problem. when i ran the unloaddb i ran it through a telnet
>putty screen... i left it open but i think the telnet putty timed-out and i
>couldn't get my session back.  i only knew that the program was running
>through ps -elf and ps aux.
>
>when the unloaddb finally finished, i just searched all the error logs to
>look for anything relevant to the unloaddb activity.
>
>i'm doing something really risky.... i just hope this works.

Ian Hobbs
little_brutus AT rogers DOT com
"Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience."
-Dilbert