ADSM-L

Re: What is everybody using for Netware backups as far as versions of TSM and TSA/SMDR

2004-10-08 16:27:36
Subject: Re: What is everybody using for Netware backups as far as versions of TSM and TSA/SMDR
From: Peter Hadikin <Peter_Hadikin AT BCIT DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:30:22 -0700
Hello Zoltan,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have been supporting our ADSM/TSM
environmnet since 1991/2 and Netware seems to be the only place we have
tons of problems with backups and restores.  What is you site like?

Take care and have a super weekend,
Peter

                      Zoltan
                      Forray/AC/VCU            To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: What is everybody
using for Netware backups as far as versions of TSM and
                      Dist Stor                 TSA/SMDR
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      Oct 08, 2004
                      12:10 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

5.2.3.0 is the latest client for Netware and definitely needed for
NW6.x.

We use it (and older versions) on lots of Netware systems.

Yes, TSAFS is a royal pain and causes lots of problems/issues, so make
sure to get the latest TSA updates from Novell. They are critical in
getting proper backups.

Lots of folks recommend staying with TSA600 (due to the various problems
they have when using TSAFS) but Novell has stated they are phasing it
out
in favor of TSAFS !

Peter Hadikin <Peter_Hadikin AT BCIT DOT CA>
10/08/2004 02:23 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
What is everybody using for Netware backups as far as versions of TSM
and
TSA/SMDR

Hello everybody,

Netware seems to be the one environment where I find the stars need to
be aligned properly for everything to work for backups and restores.  I
am wondering what version of TSM client and what versions of
TSAFS/TSA600/SMDR everybody is using out there for both Netware 6 and
Netware 6.5 servers.  Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations?

Have a super weekend,
Peter