ADSM-L

Re: What is everybody using for Netware backups as far as versions of TSM and TSA/SMDR

2004-10-08 15:11:33
Subject: Re: What is everybody using for Netware backups as far as versions of TSM and TSA/SMDR
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:14:06 -0400
Peter,

I have been of the same mindset regarding Netware, but for the last year
or so we have been (dare I say it) pretty darn stable with backups. We
have a 6.0 cluster with 4 nodes running TSM client 5.2.2.3. Netware nlms
listed below.

TSA600.NLM
  Loaded from [SYS:\SYSTEM\]
  (Address Space = OS)
  SMS - File System Agent for NetWare 6.0
  Version 6.00.08 September 11, 2003
  Copyright (C) 1990-2003 Novell, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

SMDR.NLM
  Loaded from [SYS:\SYSTEM\]
  (Address Space = OS)
  SMS - Storage Data Requestor
  Version 6.54 December 9, 2003
  Copyright (C) 1989-95, 2003 Novell, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

Peter Hadikin wrote:

Hello everybody,

Netware seems to be the one environment where I find the stars need to
be aligned properly for everything to work for backups and restores.  I
am wondering what version of TSM client and what versions of
TSAFS/TSA600/SMDR everybody is using out there for both Netware 6 and
Netware 6.5 servers.  Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations?

Have a super weekend,
Peter

--
Jim Kirkman