ADSM-L

TDP for Domino and Backup Client on one machine

2004-10-07 06:46:28
Subject: TDP for Domino and Backup Client on one machine
From: Lucian Greis <lgreis AT MKV DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:49:07 +0200
Hi there,

I am about to configure backup for a machine that has both TDP for Domino
and the Backup client installed. (Linux x86, SLES8)
As a newbee to TSM, I've come to some configuration problems I've been not
able to solve consulting the documentation so far.
Most thinsg work just fine. The Domino-backup runs fine being scheduled by
the backup-server, filsystem backup via BA-client also.
But:
the documentation suggests to use TWO different nodenames on the client to
keep things seperate (and be able to use different setting). I should use
two client stanzas to achive this. But I haven't found an example what
exactly this means or where precisely to enter the information and the
server only communicates with one of the client nodes (doing both backups
throuh it).
Is it in dsm.sys? one of the dsm.opt files? there are several of them
(../tsm/client/ba/bin/, ../tsm/client/domino/bin/).
what information does this client node stanza consist of? I know the term
"stanza" from the TSM server setup, where it is used with the device
configuration files, but there is a detailed explanation in the docs what
is needed.

What publication should I read?

Regards, Lucian Greis
MKV GmbH