ADSM-L

Re: dsmc command question?

2004-10-06 15:38:43
Subject: Re: dsmc command question?
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:41:07 -0500
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004, Loren Cain wrote:

> Without seeing your code, it's difficult to know what
> problem you are encountering. However, the following
> code works for me on Solaris 9:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> $FILESPACE='/';
> my @cmd = "dsmc q backup $FILESPACE -su=yes -filesonly";
> foreach $line ( qx(@cmd) )
> {
>    print "RESULT: $line";
> }
> exit(0);
>
> If you are trying to do this on Windows, as it appears
> you may be, you could be running into issues with Windows
> pipes. In such cases, it is often more reliable to redirect
> the output of the command to a temporary file and then read
> the file back in.

Yes, this testing is happening on windows. I wanted to stay
away from writing to disk.

Here are two different attempts to get this to work:

# get the list of files in TSM
unlink('x');
foreach my $fileset (keys %filesets) {
        system("dsmc q backup c:\\ >> x");
}
__END__

# get the list of files in TSM
chdir('/cygdrive/c/progra~1/tivoli/tsm/baclient');
foreach my $fileset (keys %filesets) {
        $cmd = q{dmsc q backup \\\\node\\c$};
        open(TSM, "$cmd |") or die "$0: unable to execute dsmc: $!";
        while(<TSM>) {
                print $_;
        }
}