ADSM-L

Exchange 2003 on MSCS Windows 2003 with TDP 5.2.1

2004-10-05 13:39:28
Subject: Exchange 2003 on MSCS Windows 2003 with TDP 5.2.1
From: Marc Taylor <mdtaylor AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:26:55 -0500
Hello Fellow TSM'ers!

We are installing Exchange 2003 on a 2 node Windows 2003 cluster.  We are
planning to run the Exchange server in Active/passive mode.  According to
the notes found on page 10 of the Installation and User's Guide
(SC32-9058-01):

4. MSCS Active/Passive Configuration (Exchange Server 5.5, Exchange 2000
Server)
5. MSCS Active/Active Configuration (Exchange 2000 Server, Exchange Server
2003)

I just got off the phone with IBM Tivoli support and they tell me that point
5 does hold.  I have asked it to be escalated so that I can get a technical
reason for this limitation.  In my mind this puts the cart before the horse
for the backup client to force me to configure Exchange in this way.

If there are any of you out there who are running Exch 2003 on a Win 2003
cluster in Active/Passive support, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Marc
Marc D. Taylor
Research Programmer
Beckman Institute at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Phone: 217-244-7373, Fax: 217-333-8206
http:\\biss.beckman.uiuc.edu