ADSM-L

Re: query stgp

2004-10-05 08:08:33
Subject: Re: query stgp
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:10:13 +1000
On Tuesday, Oct 5, 2004, at 13:39 Australia/Sydney, Hashim, Shukrie
BSP-ISM/116 wrote:

Hi all,

I have Version 5, Release 1, Level 9.4 can somebody explain to me

Storage       Device        Estimated     Pct     Pct   High   Low
Next
Pool Name     Class Name     Capacity    Util    Migr    Mig   Mig
Storage
                                 (MB)                    Pct   Pct
Pool
-----------   ----------   ----------   -----   -----   ----   ---
-----------
DASD-NAS      DISK               63 G    99.2     0.0      0     0
3494NAS
DASDFS        DISK               18 G     0.0     0.0     60     0
3494FS
DASDHSM       DISK               19 G    13.9     0.2     50    30
3494HSM

pct util : is this the cache or the actual disk

pct util is the percentage of the disk pool allocated, including cached
data.

pct migr : is this the actual disk or the percentage migrated to tapes

pct migr is the percentage of the disk pool that has not as yet been
migrated to the next storage pool.

for example DASD-NAS has a pct util of 99.2 so meaning .. it means
that it's full but I dunno what is full
either the disk is full or the cache is full ? somebody please explain
to me the meaning of the table ... above

I don't fully understand your distinction between "disk" and "cache". I
suggest you read "Chapter 9: Managing Storage Pools and Volumes" in the
TSM Admin Guide, which covers migration and caching with disk storage
pools.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke