ADSM-L

Re: Moving TSM from one server to another!

2004-10-04 17:09:27
Subject: Re: Moving TSM from one server to another!
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:11:27 -0500
When I moved my TSM server to another machine I just copied the database,
logs and config files to the new machine. I used NFS but you can use tape,
CD, DVD - whatever is convenient. I'm pretty sure I installed the new TSM
server first and then overwrote the dsmserv.dsm, dsmserv.opt,
Volume_History and Device_Configuration files that the installation process
created with the ones from my old server. The old server will need to be
down when you copy the database and logs. If you made the mount points for
the database and logs the same you can bring TSM up and check it out. Once
you're happy with the new installation then connect up your tape library
and you're good to go.

Another option is to try our you're disaster recovery procedures and try to
restore and rebuild your TSM server on the new machine.

Hope this helps

Rick Saylor
Austin Community College