ADSM-L

Windows NT4 and TSM client

2004-10-04 13:02:00
Subject: Windows NT4 and TSM client
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:48:36 -0400
            We have some older WinNT4 servers still hanging around and I
want to update them to the newest possible TSM client.

            All of our newer Win2k and Win2k3 servers are running some
flavor of version 5.2+ currently. If I attempt to install that one on a NT4
box I get an error message about wrong OS version. I looked over the docs
for 5.2.x and found that NT4 was no longer supported.

            I've looked around on the Tivoli site and the docs but I can't
find the last version of TSM that will install on a WinNT4 box. I have a
couple running 5.1.5.2.

Is that the last one for WinNT4?

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,  disclosure or
message.