ADSM-L

Re: Corrupted LTO CM Index

2004-10-02 14:58:13
Subject: Re: Corrupted LTO CM Index
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:00:24 -0700
        I am hoping you just have a bad tape in this case. If you have
upgraded to the 4770 (or higher) level of the firmware, you should not be
having the corrupted CM index problem any longer. I would keep an eye out
for any further tapes that experience the problem and if you see any,
please post the listserv or feel free to email me directly. Our department
has seen many of these LTO-2 corrupted index performance PMRs but we have
seen no reoccurrence once the firmware was applied and the tapes were fixed.