ADSM-L

Re: trying to find a tape volume

2004-10-01 13:32:01
Subject: Re: trying to find a tape volume
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:28:55 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Timothy Hughes
>I am trying to find a tape (N00XXX) is there a search command
>that I can use.
>
>query volume history (using TSM Gui) only goes back so far (march)

That's because you're (probably) running a scheduled administrative that
looks something like this:

        DEL VOLH TYPE=ALL TODATE=TODAY-200

This command cleans off old volume history entries. *All* volume history
prior to the date indicated in the command is gone irrevocably. If you
have PREPARE statements that go back to the time in question, you can
read through the included volume history stanzas. Otherwise, it's
completely gone.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627