ADSM-L

How does it work?????

2004-10-01 02:55:19
Subject: How does it work?????
From: "Nielsen, Bo" <Bo.Nielsen AT COOP DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:41:50 +0200
Hi,

I have had a question today. How does TSM write data to a storagepool which
have 9 disks.
It's PST files - big files - which is writing to the storagepool. Does the TSM
server write
simultaneous to all the disks or does TSM first fill disk one and then disk two
and so...

The TSM server is Z/os1.2 and the disk system is StorageTek V2X.

Is it better to use an extend dataset as storagepool???

> Regards
> Bo Nielsen
>                                               * +45 4386 4671
> Coop Norden IT                        * (Internt postcenter): 6230
> IT-Driftscenter                          * bo.nielsen AT coop DOT dk

Remember, a dead fish can float downstream,
But it takes a live one to svim upstream. - W.C. Fields.