ADSM-L

Re: More tapes required than space in library

2004-09-30 16:46:12
Subject: Re: More tapes required than space in library
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:48:10 -0400
And if you have 15 clients and are collocating your primary tape pool, you
still don't need to use 15 tapes.
If you set maxscratch to 8, TSm will stack your clients 2 per tape.  You get
most of the benefits of collocation, but can support more clients than you
have slots in the library.

My advice would be to not collocate your copy storage pools. This way, you
use far less tapes for your copies.

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com

Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
09/30/2004 03:11 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
More tapes required than space in library

Dear list,
I can foresee that I will need more tapes than the space of library at any
point
in time in few days.

I am using collocation and there will be atleast 15 tapes required for
normal
operations at any one night. I have a total space of 23 volumes in
library. How
do I cope with the situation when I would need to backup the primary
storage
pool and dbbackups for DRM, i.e. I would need atleast 31 tapes at a time
in
library for DRM purposes.

Please discuss !!!

Sandra