ADSM-L

Re: Adding 3592's to a 3494

2004-09-30 13:48:25
Subject: Re: Adding 3592's to a 3494
From: Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle AT PSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:50:15 -0400
Prather, Wanda wrote:
We have a 3494 with 3 3590 tape drives, TSM 5.2.2 on AIX 5.

We will be adding 5 new 3592 tape drives to the 3494, also for use with TSM.

To implement those new 3592 tape drives with TSM, is it sufficient to just
define new drives & device classes pointing to the same TSM library
definition?

Hi Wanda,
        I defined a new library definition with the same device
name(/dev/lmcpX) because I wanted the volume categories to be different.
Then I defined the devclass/drive/path stuff..
        We also had to buy a new LM to support the drives.

-Jonathan