ADSM-L

AW: /usr/tivoli contents disappear ?

2004-09-30 08:20:31
Subject: AW: /usr/tivoli contents disappear ?
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:21:14 +0200
Hi,

even thought I am on Windows 2000,
the  "feature" I can see here
might be caused by similar tsm code: (w2K Server with tsm client 5.2.2:)

"tsm" directory: ALL user access rights for ALL users get occassionaly lost.
(ACL+ALQ-s remain there, but all access rights are set to <empty>)

If it happens at all then it happens
shortly(?) or immediately(?)  after the end of either a scheduled backup or
after a check for schedule.
And no, there is no postschedule.cmd defined.

I only saw it on 2 servers and only occasionaly, it remains dubious,
I have neither an explanation nor a solutions, only workarounds.

While there  are differencies to your problem, the common thing is
that tsm directory has dubious problems while the rest of the file system
has none.

???

regards
Juraj salak