ADSM-L

Re: restoring from an other node

2004-09-29 08:49:37
Subject: Re: restoring from an other node
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:51:16 +0200
Moulay,

Honestly, with your actual configuration, no network between both
servers and only one drive for your backup server, I really doubt this
will be possible without considerable efforts ... and even then, it
would be a very time consuming task, quasi like if you would do a
disaster recovery every day : you should reconstruct (restore) your TSM
DB, transfer all TSM configuration files from site A to site B, let a
macro run to delete/redefine your drives, declare all primary volumes as
destroyed and finaly restore them from copy tapes previously generated
on site A (this would imply that you have a huge disk pool on site B, as
you only have 1 drive). Forget it, or ask you boss to give you a network
connection between both sites !
Sorry not being more optimistic, and maybe other people in this list
will find a better idea, but to my eyes, this looks like mission
impossible.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******