ADSM-L

Re: Quick backup stgp question

2004-09-29 07:02:00
Subject: Re: Quick backup stgp question
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:03:42 +0100
In that case,

Would it be very hard as a TSM feature, to enable the ability to add
more backupstgp processes to a running stgp backup on the fly, or cancel
a process and have it's workload distributed to ther backup stgp
processes, in order to free up tape drives for other uses during a busy
day, but without causing an error?

..and should those backup stgp process give a state of 'Failure' when,
if they hand there workload over to other processes to finish, they
havent really failed?

Matt.