ADSM-L

Effects of password expiration when client is off

2004-09-28 08:26:21
Subject: Effects of password expiration when client is off
From: Doug Baker <dbaker AT WESLEYAN DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:28:07 -0400
Hi all. I am wondering what the effects of password expiration are when a
client scheduler is turned off. Let's say we have all passwords to expire
every 90 days. If a client machine (or scheduler service) is turned off at
day 89, and then turns on at day 91, does it "miss" a window of automatic
synchronization? Or will it just reset itself the next time it turns on?

We're seeing the former - and thereby an administrator has to reset the
node's password before they can resume backups. Any ideas on if this is
normal, or if something is amiss? Thanks very much,

Doug Baker