ADSM-L

Re: storage media inaccessible? - fixed

2004-09-24 14:53:26
Subject: Re: storage media inaccessible? - fixed
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:54:32 -0600
        I agree with the audit library. I've never had to stop our 4
3494 tape libraries to get the tape inventory back to "sane". I ~have~
had to restart a TSM server a few times to get the 'audit library' to
run successfully. (The 'audit library' would show up as a process but
would never do anything and had to be killed. Only a recycling of the
TSM software and then an audit library resolved the issue).

        A note on the "audit library". You cannot have any tapes in use
for that command to run, so you have to unmount all the tape drives
first. Then look in the activity log for what it had to clean up.

Ben