ADSM-L

Re: Default Server option

2004-09-23 16:38:15
Subject: Re: Default Server option
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:39:38 -0400
>I guess to clarify, we put the defaultserver parameter into the dsm.sys
>file at the top and want all backups/archives to still go to the ADSM
>server, not TSMDEV server.  Currently when we try any backups/archives with
>the setup provided it STILL tries to go to TSMDEV.  I'm confused as to why
>this is occuring... I guess from your question you are asking if we issued
>the command via dsmadmc or if it was a scheduled backup?  It was done via
>dsmadmc.  Even though we stated that the default server should be ADSM,
>from your statement, I am assuming that we still have to use
>-SErvername=ADSM in order to get it to go to the default server?  I had
>thought that the defaultserver parameter would automatically take care of
>this.  We don't want it going to TSMDEV yet since I still have some things
>to set up before testing begins and that is exactly where it IS going.  I
>hope my babbling made some sense....  If not, let me know.  Thanks again!

Thanks for the supp. info.  If dsm/dsmc operations are not using the
DEFAULTServer-specified stanza, then something would be overriding to specify
the other one.  If not -SErvername=ADSM on the command line, then I would
expect it to be that spec in your dsm.opt file.

     back to my house painting,  Richard Sims