ADSM-L

Re: Problem with connection between TSM and Autoloader

2004-09-23 08:00:16
Subject: Re: Problem with connection between TSM and Autoloader
From: Otto Schakenbos <otto.schakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:01:32 +0200
Normally (that is  as i know it), you first issue the checkin/label
command, then tsm checks for any free slots it can use for this new
tape, it will tell you the free slot and to put the new tape in it,(in
this case nr5 since 1-4 are already used), you load the tape in this
slot and issue a reply. Then tsm will checkin and label this tape.
There are also other options, like first loading all the tapes and then
use other syntax with the checkin/label command (search=yes etc), see
the manual for this.

regards

Otto Schakenbos
System Administrator

TEL: +49-7151/502 8468
FAX: +49-7151/502 8489
MOBILE: +49-172/7102715
E-MAIL: oschakenbos AT teleflex DOT com

TFX IT-Service AG
Fronackerstrasse 33-35
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY

Mueller, Robert wrote:

Hi!

Greate.. now I have the LTO drive "Online" and 4 new tapes in slot 1-4 but,
when i try to label and checkin them the system reports:

ANR8306I 003: Insert LTO volume PTK_BVPN_LTO2_32 R/W into
the slot with element number 5 of library 3581LIB_1
within 33 minutes; issue 'REPLY' along with the request
ID when ready.

This LIBvolumename is completly unused.. and I'm asking me, why ask the TSM for
slot 5???

Sincerley
Robert