ADSM-L

Re: TDP Log file backup running for a very long time

2004-09-21 13:17:24
Subject: Re: TDP Log file backup running for a very long time
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:18:25 -0400
Data Protection for SQL creates a separate TSM Server session
for each stripe and then waits for the SQL Server to send data
to each stripe. The SQL Server determines which data goes
to which stripe, and writes the data to it.

>From what you have put into this append, it appears as if
sending the data to the TSM Server is the bottleneck in
your scenario.

How many tapes are mounted for the log backup?
How many TSM Server sessions are being started for the log backup?
Can you examine the session statistics on the TSM Server?
What is happening on each session?
How much data is being sent for each session?
What is the speed like when you use a lower number of
stripes for the log backup? (For example, using 2 stripes.)
Finding the bottleneck on the TSM Server/Storage Agent is the
key to this one.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/20/2004
05:39:02 PM: