ADSM-L

SQL 2000 server restore

2004-09-17 12:16:56
Subject: SQL 2000 server restore
From: Luc Beaudoin <lbeaudoi AT IS.JGH.MCGILL DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:17:11 -0400
Hi all

I'm testing a SQL 2000 server restore ...

I restored the OS (win2000) + the system objects ....
Now I want to restore my SQL databases ... but the MASTER DB is not there
cause it's exclude in my windows client dsm.opt file. So I am not able to
start my SQL server service ...  I have the message could not connect ...
Even when I start the TSM SQL agent .. I see the DB to restore but when I
click restore .. I have an error message saying that " ACO5424E" could not
connect to SQL server

How can I restore my SQL databases ...

Thanks

Luc Beaudoin
Administrateur Réseau / Network Administrator
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D. / Jewish General Hospital
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:4318