ADSM-L

Re: Sybase

2004-09-17 02:52:22
Subject: Re: Sybase
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:52:20 +1000
G'day Steve...

I've just been playing with adsmpipe for backing up MySQL, PostgreSQL and
OpenLDAP on Linux - have you considered using it for sybase?

Not knowing anything about sybase - thought it might be an idea, if sybase
can dump to STDOUT, which you pipe to adsmpipe?

Also, it wont be a supported environment, but thats not to say it wont
work...

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 17/09/2004
04:24:31 PM: