ADSM-L

Re: Huge system object

2004-09-14 12:46:30
Subject: Re: Huge system object
From: fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:47:00 -0500
Is this a replicated filesystem?

At 11:07 AM 9/14/2004 -0400, you wrote:
One of our Windows clients sent an 18 gigabyte system object backup
last night. Results from 'query occ' commands suggest that it has been
doing this for the last five nights. I ran a 'query content' command
against one of the volumes holding the lastest backup and got a list of
files like the following:

NIIHAU   Bkup  SYSTEM         5  \HEALTHPOL\TRAINING$\OFFICE
                OBJECT            DOCUMENTS\DBN SLIDES\SCANNED\2001\JA-
                                  NUARY 2001\ NEWSLETTER2.CPT

[Some whitespace has been removed to prevent unwanted line breaks.]
It would appear that large amounts of application data are being
treated as part of the system object. The TSM client software is
at the 5.1.5.0 level. TSM reports the OS level as WinNT 5.02. I
think this is Windows 2000.

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago