ADSM-L

Re: Optimizing Exchange backup/recover?

2004-09-09 14:25:30
Subject: Re: Optimizing Exchange backup/recover?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:25:29 -0400
Matt,

A few things to keep in mind:

* Exchange restore will almost always be slower than backup
  because you are writing to disk and more importantly you are
  replaying transaction logs.

* If you back up to tape and you run COLLOCATION by filespace,
  it will keep the data for your separate storage group
  on different tapes for the exact purpose of running
  parallel restores.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/09/2004
02:03:40 PM: