ADSM-L

Windows 2003 client, system object and TSM server 5.1.x.x

2004-09-30 07:09:54
Subject: Windows 2003 client, system object and TSM server 5.1.x.x
From: "Doyle, Patrick" <pat.doyle AT EAGLESTAR DOT IE>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:38:41 +0100
Hi,
We are running a 5.1.6.2 TSM server and 5.1.6.2 Client. Up to now we have
only backed up NT4 and windows 2000 Clients.

We have just begun deploying Windows 2003 Active Directory and Windows 2003
servers. I am researching the level of support in TSM  5.1.6.2 for Windows
2003.

It would appear that Windows 2003 IS supported. However, I came across the
following:

"Windows 2003 System State and System Services backups require a TSM 5.2.0
or higher server" on the client requirements document on the web, and in the
Readme. This would indicate limited support for Windows 2003, particularly
Domain controller/ Active Directory backup with 5.1 server.

Do I need to upgrade to TSM server 5.2?
What level of support exists in 5.1?
Should I use a 5.2 client with 5.1 server?

TIA
Pat

The contents of this e-mail and possible associated attachments
are for the addressee only. The integrity of this non-encrypted
message cannot be guaranteed on the internet.
Eagle Star Insurance Company (Ireland) Limited is therefore
not responsible for the contents. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender