ADSM-L

Lots of TDP_for_Oracle/ITSM for DBS messages in TSM activity log

2004-09-29 09:40:52
Subject: Lots of TDP_for_Oracle/ITSM for DBS messages in TSM activity log
From: Mike Hagery <mhagery AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:27:26 +0000
Hello,

TSM server AIX 5.2 and TSM-server 5.1.7.3
TDP_for_Oracle 5.x client-nodes (about 60 small databases)

Since the amount of TDP-client nodes is increased we have lots of start and
stop sessions in our server activity log and gives us problems by analysing
other actions/problems. Our database admins are administering the TDP
environment like back-ups, restores, and so on by there own. So, we only
register the client-nodes and store the data. The biggest problem is that
all the TDP-clients are dumping there archive-logs for every hour and start
several back-ups during the night.

All that gives a lot of start and stop sessions in the actlog and is giving
us problems. I was wondering how other administrators are dealing with this,
and/or if they find a way to disable only the messages of the TDP-client
nodes or something. I'm thinking of spliting the TSM-environment and give
the TDP-nodes there own instance.

Thanks,

Mike