ADSM-L

Re: Effects of password expiration when client is off

2004-09-28 12:18:50
Subject: Re: Effects of password expiration when client is off
From: Ian Hobbs <little_brutus AT ROGERS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:18:53 -0400
I HIGHLY recommend that you use the Client Acceptor Daemon to stop and start
the scheduler unless you
have firewall type issues. This has resolved many issues in the past especially
if there is a memory leak in the
code, because the scheduler ends when finished. note: the CAD requires you to
run in SCHEDMODE
PROMTED instead of POLLING.

To test (may not be totally valid), you could use UPD NODE and/or UPD ADMIN
FORCEPWRESET to
simulate.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:08:11 -0400, Doug Baker wrote:

>The server is AIX 5.2.3 - clients are typically XP, many running 5.1.6. In
>all cases they are running the client scheduler service.
>
>I'll have to do some testing with an expired password to see what the dsmc q
>sess returns. I can set it to 1 day and wait until tomorrow, I assume - or
>is there a way to expire the password immediately for a given node?
>
>Thanks very much.

Ian Hobbs
little_brutus AT rogers DOT com
"Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience."
-Dilbert
Ian Hobbs