ADSM-L

Re: storage media inaccessible? - fixed

2004-09-24 14:45:21
Subject: Re: storage media inaccessible? - fixed
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:43:27 -0400
In the absence of major problems, which would be reflected in the TSM
server Activity Log, and perhaps AIX Error Log, the 3494 Library Manager
database should always be in sync with the TSM server. The combination
is
just that reliable. I would presume that in your elective library
stoppage
that you likewise suspended activities on the TSM server, just in case.
In the rare case when it's necessary, the AUDit LIBRary can be run to
re-synchronize information.  See the IBM doc for the authoritative scoop
on the operation of that command, and ADSM QuickFacts for additional
notes.

   Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/