ADSM-L

Re: client schedule failed to start after a win client cluster fa ilback

2004-09-23 01:22:44
Subject: Re: client schedule failed to start after a win client cluster fa ilback
From: "Yuhico, Alexandra" <alexandra.yuhico AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:24:00 +1000
we have a TSM on a AIX backing up a Windows clustered server, C1 & C2.

C2 failed and all the services went over to C1. When we fixed C2 we wanted
all the resources and services to go back to the way it was.

When C2 failed, the shared drive went over to C1 and the client scheduler
was running and the drive could be backed up.  But when C2 was rebooted and
the shared drive was moved back onto the server.  The TSM service again to
start.  We restarted C2 and it still would not start.

The shared drive was moved back to C1.  TSM scheduler services started
successfully on each server giving the ability to back up the entire
environment again whilst leaving the cluster balanced.

The Event logs did not indicate any specific error relating to the TSM
service not starting.  Investigation of the Scheduler configuration showed
that the security settings and configurations were working correctly and
that the TSM client could contact the TSM server successfully.

Do you guys have any idea what's wrong. Why we TSM can't backup the shared
drive when we fail it back to the original setup?

Sandra

This e-mail is privileged and may contain confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail
in error, please notify the addressee immediately by telephone or return
e-mail. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer
virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is
virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from
any virus transmitted.