ADSM-L

AW: disk storage pools and windows compressed file systems

2004-09-22 04:10:49
Subject: AW: disk storage pools and windows compressed file systems
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:10:41 +0200
Hi Steve,
i think ist better to use the client cpu for that task to save disk space
and cpu at the tsm server.
That also reduces networkload for backup and restore.
We use compression at the client on all tsm clients including TDP for SQL
for a long time.
The load during backuptime is typical low, so we can use the cpu for that
task without problems.
We are quite satisfied with the performance of that solution.

Regards
Stefan Holzwarth