ADSM-L

Re: each dbbackup to new tape?

2004-09-16 17:38:54
Subject: Re: each dbbackup to new tape?
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:38:42 -0400
I agree that having more than 1 IDENTICAL copies of a TSM DB backup is a
good thing and these copies needs to be integrated into the  framework
of DRM.  This needs to be added to the TSM wish list.  I'm aware that I
can backup the TSM DB to disk and then use a non-TSM method of creating
a copy of the backup to tape, however the management of that tape is
outside of TSM's DRM module.  It would be nice if the "BACKUP DB"
command would create 2 identical copies of the backup, one to tape and
one to disk.  DRM could manage the tape copy and the TSM Administrator
could manage the disk copy.

H. Milton Johnson
Voice: (210) 677-6728